The French Riviera is one of the most popular summer destinations for luxury yacht charters, so it is not surprising that many of our yacht share clients head to these beautiful shores.
And what’s not to like about this very special corner of France? The weather is heavenly, the coastline to die for and there are a string of glamorous resorts to call in on whilst aboard your luxury yacht share.
The hardest question for those who take advantage of our fractional yacht ownership program is which breathtakingly beautiful spot to seek out whilst on holiday on the Cote d’Azur. We realise that many of our time-poor yacht share clients opt for a fractional yacht ownership because they just do not have enough weeks in the year to take as vacation.
So for them we at Smart Yacht – leading experts in fractional yacht ownership – have put together a list of our FIVE favorite places on the French Riviera which they should not miss out.
• Moor in the emerald waters between Ile de Sainte-Marguerite and Ile Saint-Honorat – two islands that make up the Iles des Lerins off Cannes – and swim in this Caribbean-esque sea.
• Sail to the quintessentially French port of Saint Tropez, made famous by a biking clad Brigitte Bardot in the 1950s, and wander around the exclusive boutiques before heading to Club 55 for lunch. There’s no place like it for a fresh seafood lunch on the golden sands of Pampelonne.
• While you are in Saint Tropez, head to the famous vineyards of the Var to sample some of the region’s finest Rose wine.
• Moor your luxury yacht share in Port Hercules, in the heart of Monaco, and watch the world go by from the deck with a glass of champagne in hand. And if you feel like chancing your hand at roulette, why not visit the Casino de Monte-Carlo for a once in a life-time experience.
• Set above the coastline on rocky spurs with incredible views are some of the most picturesque villages in France. A stroll around villages such as St Jeannet, Mougins or Gassin makes a wonderful diversion from the coast and is highly recommended. You will feel on top of the world as you sip a chilled glass of Rose in a characterful bar enjoying far reaching views of the coastline.